And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
St Peter’s Lutheran Church Orange is a small congregation located in the beautiful Central West of New South Wales. St Peter’s Orange is part of the Central West Parish, which includes the congregations of Orange, Parkes and Forbes.
We have all ages worshipping with us, with an age range of our youngest at 2 years old to our oldest who turned 101 in 2019.
We currently hold weekly communion services at 10.00am taken by Brant Waterson, with Pastor James Leach our Parish Minister holding a service on the first Sunday of the month at 10.00am.
The Central West Parish, which we are a part of, has been blessed with a new pastor after not having one for two years. James Leech accepted our call commenced serving our parish early in 2019.
St Peter’s is a friendly group, and we welcome anyone to pop in and join us for worship and stay afterwards for a coffee and chat.
St Peter's Orange congregation dates back to the early 1950s when post World War II migrants – mostly Europeans – settled in Orange, central NSW. In 1952, Pastor Ronald Allen Schmaal was installed and regular services began, initially in the manse and then in the Presbyterian Church until 1955. In the early 1960s, a property and fibro garage was bought in Prince St which was converted into a place of worship, until the current property in Heatherbrae Parade was purchased in 1986 and work began on the present church. Our church still stands proudly on this site serving the local community.